The Vision and Process
In Nov. 2020, we brought together a multi-disciplinary team to start the design phase of A3. Their goal was to figure out the nuts and bolts of the A3 model.
The Design Team consisted of people with lived experience, family members, law enforcement, fire and emergency medical responders, behavioral health professionals, improvement advisors, and mobile crisis team members.
They worked to develop a caring approach that is culturally and clinically responsible and came up with the A3 vision.
The Design Team also prioritized four areas for the future model:
The process included listening to people with lived experiences, observing current processes, evaluating available services and conducting multiple learning sessions to borrow best practices. Learn more about the process by watching our Rapid Improvement Events and Value Stream Mapping videos below.
Rapid Improvement Event #3
Rapid Improvement Event #2
- Watch the video report from 4/30/2021 on Contra Costa TV's YouTube channel
- Report: Testing and Developing Solutions - April 30, 2021
Rapid Improvement Event #1
Value Stream Mapping
- A3 Community Crisis Initiative
- Collaborative Approaches to Responding to Behavioral Health Emergencies - NASMHPD
- National Guidelines for Behavioral Health Crisis Services Executive Summary - SAMHSA
- Community Crisis Response Value Stream Mapping Report Out
- VSM video
- Current State Process Map with Waste
- Current State Value Stream Map
- Future State Value Stream Map
- VSM Report Out Deck